I love food! Do you? So many different flavors to lift our taste buds through the roof! I recently received some homemade apricot pineapple chutney from a child I love, bless her heart! She’s 7 and has the kindest heart when it comes to me! My sis decided to dive into “Ultimate Chinese Recipes” book and make some delicious Barbecued Chinese Chicken! Check out the ingredients/steps below and enjoy!
12 chicken drumsticks (we substituted legs for 12 chicken thighs)
6 oz spiced butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp grated ginger root
2 tsp ground turmeric
4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp mango Chutney (we used apricot pineapple chutney)
- First you make the spiced butter mixture, beat the butter with the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper, lime juice and chutney until well blended.
- Use sharp knife, slash each chicken leg to the bone 3-4 times
- Cook the chicken over a moderate barbecue grill for about 12-15 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Alternatively, grill (boil) the chicken for about 1–12 minutes until almost cooked turning halfway through.
- Spread the chicken legs with butter mixture and continue to cook for a further 5-6 minutes, turning and basting frequently with the butter until golden and crisp.
- Serve the chicken with green salad and rice.
Let us know how your Barbecued Chinese Chicken leg turned out! This is one of our favorite recipes! For more amazing tasting recipes check out the book: “Ultimate Recipes Chinese.”